Monday, February 11, 2013

240Z Wheels & Tires


New Website

Please check out my new website woodworkerb.com

I went with 16x7 rims from XXR wheels (XXR 513 16x7).  My tire guy (Action Tires) took the Z for a few days and tried on different tires until he found a nice 'fill' for the wheelwells.  These are zero offset wheels.

He settled on a 205/55R16 91V.

I think the combo is respectful (enough) of the vintage (1971), keeps handling good and matches my Red/Black color scheme.

Sadly, the dust cap on the front wheel sticks out too far, preventing the use of the nice snap-in logo/cover/finishing cap.  I painted the dust cap black and that's going to have to do for now.




2 comments:

  1. do you still have the old slotted wheels?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, no. They were not stock, just left them with the tire shop.

      Delete